Summer 2021 has been an intensely painful one for me and my family. I’ve tried to paint a sonic picture of the current state of my soul with the six tracks blended here – embracing both the darkness and the light throughout, ultimately ending on a hopeful note courtesy of Goth-rockers and lovely lads from my hometown, The Last Cry. As bleak as the last couple of months have been, I can’t imagine what it would have been like without being able to seek solace in music. Thank you to every single one of you out there doing your thing. Keep on doing it.
- Quiet Clapping ‘The Ballad of Bridget Cleary’ – quietclapping.bandcamp.com
- Expose Your Eyes ‘Palpable 4’ submarinebroadcastingco.bandcamp.com
- The Heartwood Institute ‘These Are Disputed Lands’ – theheartwoodinstitute.bandcamp.com
- TOTSTELLEN ‘WRECK WORKS’ – totstellen-grmmsk.bandcamp.com
- The New Emphatic ‘Main Title’ hream.bandcamp.com
- The Last Cry ‘Never Let Go’ thelastcryuk.bandcamp.com